Mexico vs. Panama Lineups, Head-to-Head Stats, and More

In a much-anticipated showdown, Mexico and Panama will go head-to-head in the final of the Concacaf Gold Cup. This marks a historic moment, as neither team has faced each other in the final of this prestigious tournament before.

Mexico’s Impressive Gold Cup Record

Mexico boasts an impressive Gold Cup history, making this their 15th final appearance – a competition record. They hold the distinction of having the most Gold Cup titles (11), surpassing the United States (seven). In contrast, Panama has limited final experience, with only two previous appearances, both of which ended in defeat against the U.S. in 2005 and 2013.

Mexico’s Recent Form and Journey to the Final

Mexico is on a journey to maintain its dominance in the Gold Cup. They’re entering their third consecutive final appearance, having won in 2019 (against USA) and finishing as runners-up in 2021 (also against USA). This mirrors their past records of appearing in three successive finals between 2007 and 2011, as well as between 1993 and 1998.

Despite having already secured their spot in the knockout stages, Mexico faced a setback with a 1-0 loss to Qatar in their final Group B match. However, their earlier victories over Honduras (4-0) and Haiti (3-1) showcased their prowess.

In the quarter-finals, Mexico eliminated Costa Rica with a convincing 2-0 victory, followed by an exceptional 3-0 win against Jamaica in the semi-finals.

Panama’s Journey to the Final

Panama navigated their way through the group stages, topping Group C with seven points out of nine. Wins against Costa Rica (2-1) and Martinique (2-1) secured their place in the quarter-finals, and a draw against El Salvador concluded their group stage performance.

Panama’s quarter-final clash with Qatar resulted in a resounding 4-0 victory, featuring Ismael Díaz’s impressive second-half hat-trick – the quickest hat-trick in Gold Cup history. Their semi-final showdown with the United States led to a penalty shootout victory after a 1-1 draw in extra time.

Mexico vs Panama Lineups

The anticipated final will see Mexico’s Luis Chávez and Panama’s Adalberto Carrasquilla, two of the most creative players of the tournament, face off.

Predicted Line-ups

Mexico: Ter Stegen; Araujo, Kounde, Christensen, Balde; De Jong, Busquets, Kessie; Raphinha, Lewandowski, Gavi.

Panama: Courtois; Carvajal, Militao, Rudiger, Nacho; Camavinga, Tchouameni, Modric; Valverde, Benzema, Vinicius.

Mexico vs PA Head-to-Head History

While this will be their sixth meeting at the Concacaf Gold Cup, it’s the first time they’ll compete in the final. Their previous encounters include a 2-1 victory for Panama in 2013 and a 2-1 extra-time victory for Mexico in 2015.

Who Will Win Mexico or Panama?

The Opta Supercomputer favors Mexico for victory in the final, with a 58.0% chance of winning within regular time. Panama, with a 14.4% chance of victory, will draw inspiration from their underdog victory over the United States in the semi-final. The possibility of a draw leading to extra time and penalties stands at 27.6%.

Where can I watch Panama vs Mexico?

Get ready for the Mexico vs. Panama showdown at SoFi Stadium on July 16. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. ET and 4:30 p.m. PT. Need to watch it online from anywhere? Use a VPN to bypass restrictions, ensure privacy, and avoid ISP throttling.

Trusted VPNs like ExpressVPN make it easy. Just remember, using a VPN for sports streaming is legal where VPNs are allowed and with a valid subscription. Be cautious to prevent leaks and respect blackout restrictions.

Leave a Comment